Our mission is to provide a framework to critically examine and investigate architecture and urban design in Los Angeles. It is a constructive platform in which architects, designers, writers and students can share their own work through lectures, tours, and open discussions regarding architecture and design. We invite you to join the conversation.
This year, Forum Memberships helped support:
- The staffing and resources needed to produce the 25th anniversary retrospective exhibition and programming, Unfinished Business
- The funding for events and annual programming including the summer series On the Map 2012: Supercession and the fall/winter series Out There Doing it 2012: Forge, Forage, Fabricate
- Substantial completion of the Forum’s digital and physical archiving of work created by the organization over the past 25 years. Digital archiving included making many of the Forum’s Newsletters from the 80’s and 90’s publicly accessible through our website
- Yearlong funding for administrative assistants, development consultants, and gallery assistants
In the upcoming year, we need support to:
- Continue funding our administrative and gallery assistant positions
- Help fund our 2013 programming, which includes summer exhibitions, our two annual series On the Map and Out There Doing It, lectures and discussions, Pecha Kucha nights, and more
- Revive our printed newsletter, which will relaunch in early 2013. The newsletter will be distributed to universities and bookstores, and mailed to LA Forum members twice a year
Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Los Angeles Forum for Architecture and Urban Design 501(c) 3 number: 95-4161753.
Los Angeles Forum for Architecture and Urban Design